Easter Meats-Lamb-Fish – Leg of Lamb + Trimmings – Why not add another Joint to your Order
Easter Meats-Lamb-Fish – Saddle of Lamb+ Orders Welcome – We also offer Leg of Lamb Boned n Rolled
All Easter Orders delivered from 12th – 15th April 2022 Inclusive – Call today to Place your Order – 07932686498
N&C Produce also take care of any Fish & Seafood you may desire – Oysters – Salmon – Prawns.
Why is Roast Lamb such a Popular Easter Meal.
Because of this significance roast lamb has become firmly entrenched as the Easter meal, long predating the vast, golden turkeys of Christmas. This collection of roast lamb recipes contains some fantastic ideas for Easter lunch, perfect for lining your stomach in preparation for an afternoon of chocolate eggs and too much cake. Easter Meats-Lamb-Fish
What is the Best way to Cook a Roast Leg of Lamb.
This authentic dish of meltingly tender leg of lamb is roasted with garlic, lemon and potatoes for an irresistible Sunday lunch centrepiece Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Arrange the unpeeled garlic cloves, 3 bay leaves and the lemon quarters in a large roasting dish and cover with 200ml cold water.
Honey/Garlic Easter Lamb Recipe by N&C Produce.
- 1 tsp each cumin and coriander seeds
- 6 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp baharat seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2kg bone-in leg of lamb
- 15g fresh thyme
- 1ltr pomegranate juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1kg Greek-style yogurt, mixed with ½ tsp salt
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 150ml cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- To serve
- couscous (optional)
- 15g fresh mint leaves
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 25g pistachios, roughly chopped (optional)
- Toast the seeds in a dry frying pan for 2 mins until fragrant. Grind with a pestle and mortar, then add the garlic, baharat, salt, oil, and lemon juice and zest. Grind until smooth, then rub over the lamb.
- Preheat the oven to gas ½, 130°C, fan 110°C. Place a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the lamb and sear all over until well browned. Easter Meats-Lamb-Fish
- Transfer the lamb to a large casserole dish with the thyme. Pour in the pomegranate juice and drizzle over the honey. Cover tightly with the lid and cook for 6-7 hrs until the meat falls off the bone.
- To make the labneh, place a muslin cloth in a sieve over a bowl, then spoon the salted Greek yogurt into the centre. Leave to strain in the fridge.
- Put the onions in a heatproof bowl. Put the cider vinegar, sugar and 150ml water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Pour the liquid over the onions in the bowl, stir and set aside while the lamb cooks.
- Once the lamb is cooked, remove from the dish and set aside to rest. Heat the cooking juices over a medium heat until syrupy. Easter Meats-Lamb-Fish
- Shred the lamb with a fork and toss in the cooking juices. Serve piled on top of couscous, if you like. Top with the labneh, onions, mint, pomegranate seeds and pistachios, if using.
Whatever the dish taking centre stage at your Easter dinner table, we’ve got a whole host of tasty options to really bring the Easter cheer home this year. Featuring meat, fish and vegetarian options, plus all those delicious trimmings we just love to enjoy at Easter, it really is a feast for the eyes, too!
Take a look at the snapshot into the range below, and be sure to check out the full range online.
Easter Orders must be placed before 5pm on the 12th of April for delivery on the 13th and 14th and Good Friday. Easter Meats-Lamb-Fish
The Main Event
We’ve got tonnes of tasty options for your table’s centrepiece. From Angus Beef to gammon to meat and vegetarian options, take a look at the range below. Remember our Fish & Seafood range as all Produce procured daily from Billingsgate Market
Saddle of Lamb – Medium 4k
Free range Lamb Saddle are a traditional breed, known for their succulent and full-flavoured meat. From the rearing house – where they are littered daily with soft barley straw – to the fox proofed outdoor environment, the birds enjoy the highest standard of care.
The free range lambs are sheltered outside with specially designed enviroment, which provide ideal ventilation and natural light. A generous acre run is allowed per lamb, and the Lambs have access to fresh food and water at all times. Easter Meats-Lamb-Fish
Free range expertise and experience guarantee that our customers enjoy only the finest lambs.
Typical 4kg Saddle feeds 8 People. Easter Meats-Lamb-Fish