Perfectly Cooked Sirloin Steak
Simple BBQ Sirloin Steak
Once you master the art of cooking the perfect sirloin steak for truly tender meat you'll never look back! Serve with chunky chips and a salad for a weekend treat.
- BBQ Grill
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil Use Quality
- 1 Sirloin Steak Angus is Ideal
- 1 tsp Salt – Pepper Seasoning is Vital
- 1 Sprig Rosemary Add if you Wish
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes Sauté for a Few Mins
- Take the steaks out of the fridge about 30 minutes before you plan to cook so they’re closer to room temperature. Then, pat the steaks dry with kitchen paper, and season with salt and pepper. Take a heavy-based frying pan that will comfortably fit both steaks, add the oil and heat over a high flame.
- Once the oil is shimmering, turn the heat down to a medium-high heat and add the butter. Next, and once sizzling, carefully lay the steaks in the pan, tucking the garlic and herbs in at the sides.
- With a pair of tongs, sear and turn the steaks every 30 seconds to 1 minute so they get a nice brown crust. As a rough guide, each steak will take 3 minutes in total for rare, 4-5 minutes in total for medium and 7-8 minutes for a well done cook. If you have a digital cooking thermometer, the middle of the steak should be 50C for rare, 60C for medium and 70C for a well done cook.